
We had our vet check-up appointment last night. It was the second for Cadbury since the surgery, today marks the third week, and all is well. We only have to flush her ear once a day now, but still on .5 ml of the Baytril Suspension, apple flavor, for another 30 days. She was taken off of the Baytil Otic (ear drops) and put instead on a Gentamicin Sulfate Ophthalmic Solution (still ear drops). The ear drops are still twice a day, but at least I can sleep in an extra ten minutes.
Snoopy has some crud. If it is Pasteurella (I actually don't know what it is. The vet never said, and for some reason I didn't think to ask. I might call.) it's still a mild case, and should be quick to fix. He does have some white mucus in his nose, and the poor thing sounds awful when he keeps sneezing. So he's been put on the Baytril Suspension as well, also apple flavored, that he'll take for the next two weeks. .5 ml and only once a day. And, Snoopy is much better at taking his medication than Cadbury is. You pick Cadbury up, more just standing her up, and she fights you. Then you've got her standing and she throws her head around fighting the coming syringe.
Snoopy was a little weirded out from being put on the table, so when I stood him up and brought in the syringe, he just slowly brought his head back into my shoulder. I could just hear him thinking, "what is that? what are you doing? what?" But he didn't fight the syringe. Tonight will either be better or worse as he'll know what's coming.
Another $170 in vet bills for the rabbits. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment