The Bunnies Are Home

We were able to bring Cadbury and Snoopy back home last night, and Cadbury is recovering well from her ordeal.


We let them back into their room and gave them full access to the play area, and while Jason made dinner I cleaned the litterpan. Cadbury sat in the corner looking gloomy, and tried to ignore me. I think she was still recovering from the sedation, but I'm sure her ear was hurting, too. The vet had already given her ear a flushing, and applied the ear drops, so all we were to do last night was give her some pain medication and the oral antibiotics. I think they changed the flavor of the Baytril to watermelon. It's pink and I think it smells like a Jolly Rancher, but Jason thinks it's Bubble Gum.


We watched the debates and had dinner, and let her have this time to get used to being back home, and then gave her the pain medication. Within about 15 minutes she was more like her normal self, and even came out and hopped around.

Her ear actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. When the vet was showing on her ear what she would hypothetically have to do, she showed a much larger surface area. But it's actually quite narrow, so she won't look too silly. And we saw neither Cadbury nor Snoopy irritating the site. I asked what we should do about the two of them together, but they said that it should be fine. If we saw Snoopy worrying at the site, or something, then we should seperate them, but besides cleaning off some dried blood, Snoopy left her ear alone. I took a picture of the stitches last night so that we would have something to compare it to this morning, and it looked good. Cleaner, and there was a little drop of blood at the end of one of the stitches, but it didn't look any worse than the night before.


We'll be heading back to the vet later this afternoon to learn how to flush out her ear, and pick up that medication. Oh joys of joys. When I stepped into their room this morning to check her ear, Cadbury flattened to the floor like she could protect herself, and then bolted when I tried to look at her ear. So I can just imagine her reaction to me once we start the ear flushing game.

2 comments:

Paige said...

So are we all feeling better now?

joansy said...

Yes, much better! I've been really surprised how well she treats us after we torture her with the medications, but she is doing very well. Next check-up is tomorrow!