I Walked Three Miles on my Lunch!


I decided to go walking on my lunch, which is an hour long, and just walk until I had to turn around and walk back. I think it took me near a half hour to make it to Freeway Park because I stopped in Borders Books to look for a book, which they did not end up having. Freeway Park is really cool! I think I'm going to head back there next week. It won't take me a half hour this time because I'll take a more direct route, and I won't stop along the way. I took the "Path to Pike Street" that's in Freeway Park, and it was kind of creepy. For one, there's a sign that says that the path is only open between 7 AM and 7 PM, and there were buttons along the wall that you could press to sound all the alarms and bring the guards. Probably because the path is only about four feet wide, quite long, and runs along the side of the Convention Center and a fence/rail alongside the 20 foot drop. I guess it's the perfect place for somebody to jump you.

There were some neat sculptures and fountains, and some gardeny areas that I'd like to go back and check out. But since my half hour for walking was up and I needed to start back, I didn't stop.

The whole walk was quite enjoyable. It was kind of windy which was fun, because it blew my hair all around. And while that would be fun but irritating with my long hair because it would get all tangled, my short hair doesn't have a problem with it. My walking kept my body warm, but near the end of the walk (about forty minutes in) I realized that my ears were starting to ache from the wind chill, so I put my hat on.

I look forward to next week. I hope it's not raining. While I enjoy the rain, it doesn't make for good walks when you have to go back to work at the end.

1 comments:

Paige said...

I HAVE to start doing this. And this is the perfect weather for it. It is on the list.

Thanks for inspiring me!