
Jason and I, and Tooley, Patrick, and Catharine all went camping at Colonial Creek Campground in the North Cascades this past weekend. It was a good time!
The weather was nice enough to stay nice until we left, and then it just poured buckets. But besides the cool evenings, it was good. Not too warm, not too cold. And the area is just gorgeous. I keep forgetting to write about this, but on my birthday weekend Jason and I went canoeing, and our canoe flipped with my camera in my pocket. It's dead now, or at least a part of it is, so I'm back to my old camera with its batteries that don't hold a charge. So I was sad that with all of this beautiful scenery I wasn't able to go picture-happy because I didn't feel like charging my camera batteries, leaving me only with my cell phone's 2 MP camera. Although, I did end up charging them at the end of the trip, enabling me to get the group photo and the shot of Jason and his marbles.
I'd like to come back here just to go hiking around, but it's two and a half hours away. But, I guess that's not too far away, so, who knows. 
Later Saturday afternoon, we were making sandwiches and "pies" with Jason's Hobo Pie makers, I stupidly burned my chin on the long piece above the handle. 
These are nifty things that you put pieces on bread in, on either side, and then put whatever you want as filling in the middle. Then you lock them closed and stick 'em in the fire. Well, obviously the squares are very hot, so I was holding it opened away from my face, waiting for my turn at the table for fillings, when I then rested my chin on the long arm of iron. Stupid! Now I've got this funny red mark under my chin. But it makes for a good story. Like when I stuck that suction cup on my forehead and waited for Jason to notice, giving myself a nice hickey right in the center of my forehead. Now we're just hoping this won't scar, but I'm keeping it liberally plied with Neosporin. 
It's harder to see in this picture, but it's actually much more noticeable. And redder today than it was yesterday.
But that was the only negative thing to happen. Jason was quite entertained because all throughout the weekend he kept finding marbles around the campsite. I think by the end of the weekend he had 22.
Our campsite was really cool, too. It was a walk-in, which was different for me. We left our car at the bottom of a short trail and walked all of our stuff in. It was like we were camping in the middle of the woods. But because we brought our inflatable queen-sized mattress, we had to blow it up in the car with our electric pump, since neither of us were even going to try to blow that thing up ourselves. Jason got in the back of the van and supported the back of the mattress, and I got in the front with the pump, and we closed the doors to shut out the noise since it was getting late. As the mattress began to expand, it smothered Jason between it and the cooler he had been sitting on top of. 
You can kind of see the mattress on top of him, but it was dark and my cell phone doesn't take the best pictures at night. Jason was trying to add some light by shining the flashlight in his face, but I don't think it really helped.
We had a really good time, and I look forward to going back there. It's Jason's favorite campground, so I'm sure we'll be back next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That sounded like fun, minus the burning of the ching. :(
What will you do with all of those marbles?
I don't know. One more thing in our apartment. :P They'll probably end up all over the floor and we'll go rolling down the hallways like in the movies.
What a gorgeous place!
I am very lucky to live in such a beautiful area. Or, at least close to them.
Post a Comment