Nine Whole Years!


A week ago today was Jason's and my anniversary together. As everyone likes to point out to us, and we like to hear, that's a long time. There's no wedding on the horizon as of yet, we're just enjoying life. When we're each more financially stable we'll think about those kinds of things. But right now, we're just happy. :)


Happily for us, our anniversary landed on Labor Day weekend, so we got a nice long weekend to enjoy it. We hit the Evergreen State Fair on Saturday, and got to enjoy the sun, fair food (scones!), and see all the animals.





We did go see the bunnies, and they were adorable, but, sadly, I didn't take any pictures.

But we saw Chloe!


There were also these crazy angora goats that we thought Chloe would love, but I don't think she needs another project. :) Do you, Chloe? I did get their website, though, if you're interested. Later, we saw that the lady had entered her goat in some sort of contest. Jason and I watched it for a while, but I'm not sure what the winning factors were. The ladies would come in with their sheep (or goat in this single case) and they would walk around the ring while another woman read off a short essay that the person must have prepared explaining why they thought wool was important. But as I learned, wool comes from sheep, angora comes from rabbits, and cashmere comes from those angora goats. Interesting stuff. Anyway, I just liked this little goat in his Highland costume. He was so cute, it kept making me laugh.


On Sunday, our actual anniversary, Jason and I went to SAM's Olympic Sculpture Park. It was great weather, and while Jason didn't agree with much of the art being "art" at all, we still had a good time.


We did have a problem with my hair and the wind, though.


Afterwards we went to Magnolia for dinner at Mulleady's Irish Pub. They had some fabulous bangers and colcannon. They were so good. It was a good place, we'd like to go back there again.


And Monday was nice because neither of us had to go to work, and we just got to have a nice relaxing day sleeping in and doing nothing.

1 comments:

Chloe said...

Yeah, I supposed Chloe is a good name for a Goat. :) and yeah, I have a quite a number of projects going on right now. Walter and I have talked about getting Cashmere Goats or just sheep with genetically healthy locks but considering taking care of our chickens has become a big chore for us goats are the last thing we need. I sure would like some miniture sheep though. Some day, some day.