I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day, I know I did.
And I'd really like to share with you the pictures I took with my new camera, but I have encountered a truly frustrating problem. When I got my other camera about 4 years ago, Jason bought me a 1 GB card and a USB SD card reader as a Christmas gift, and they were awesome. You plug the SD card into the reader, and then just plug it into your computer. Well, when I bought my new camera I also bought a new SD card because it was 4 GB and only $30. The problem with the card is that it's a SDHC card, meaning it has a higher capacity, and should hold the information better than an regular SD card. This would be all fine and dandy, but my card reader is not a SDHC card reader.
Ahh!! This means the only way to get the pictures off my card is to plug my camera into my computer and pull the pictures from there. It's easy enough, but it's more stuff on my desk and not as simple as just plugging the card into the reader and into a USB port. And, I can't delete them that way either, I'd have to delete them one at a time from my camera or reformat the card, which I don't want to do.
Jason doesn't understand why I don't want to reformat the card. He tells me that it's actually better for it, because it's like defragmenting your computer. It clears up all the little bits of left over information. But I like having the file names count up, showing me how many pictures I've taken. It's like it has its own story. I don't know. I guess I'm just being silly, but I'm really frustrated that they had to go and make things difficult. >:(
Grr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ah, That is frustrating.
I didn't know I could reformat the card! Would that create problems when I save the new pictures to the computer? Would it think that there were a bunch of photos with the same name since it is going to recount all over again?
Reformatting your card is easy. Just bring up the menu on your camera, while the card is in it, and you can select it from there. It can create problems with your computer if you have all of the images in the same folder. I have mine organized in folders by the day they were taken, so it wouldn't create problems unless I moved them all to one folder.
Forgot to mention, luckily a new reader is cheap. I can buy it off of SanDisk's website for $20 and off of Amazon for only $11, and I wouldn't have to pay for shipping if I can find another $14 worth of stuff I'ld like to buy. :P
Did your camera come with software? On my camera I have to plug it into the computer but then through the software I can select all the pictures and delete them all at once instead of having to do them one by one. I'm kinda surprised that your picture viewer doesn't have this feature since my camera is now about 9 years old.
Post a Comment