New Camera!

I bought a new camera last Friday, and it arrived today. I can't wait to use it this weekend.

It's a Canon Powershot SD870 IS. The gist of it is that it's compact, 4x zoom, and the best thing of all, a 3" screen. This will be so awesome for sharing pictures and movies while they're still on the camera, and being able to see better if my pictures are in focus. It also has "kids and pets" feature that speeds up the shutter to catch those fast moving moments. Supposedly it also has an image stabilizer (like my other camera) but I won't have to have the flash on to use it (unlike my other camera).

The battery is taking forever to charge (two hours, five minutes) so I haven't been able to play with it, but I took some pictures with my cellphone.


I even got a little tripod for it!

It's hard to see, but here's a shot of the 3" screen.



It's so thin compared to my other camera! I will be able to take it everywhere with me now, without all the bulk, and without having to worry about it turning on in my bag.



The charger is pretty nifty, too. It takes a different battery than my other camera, which just took AA's, but this makes it easy to charge it. I bought an extra battery (for $50!) and it came with a carry case and neck strap for it as well, which is cool.


I also bought a 4 GB card for it, and it only cost me $30, which is awesome. Now I can take as many pictures and as much video as I want and I won't need to worry about space. And Jason can use my other camera, too, which will be nice.

It's all so exciting!

1 comments:

Chloe said...

It looks really cool and I love the 3 inch screen. The tripod is so cute but there have been times when having one of those would have been really helpful. I'm very excited for you and your new toy!