Pillow Fight!


Jason and I met up with my sister, b-in-l, and nephew to see a flash mob pillow fight outside the Pike Place Market on Saturday. It was great. I couldn’t believe that we got such great weather when it was supposed to rain. And there were so many people!

If you didn’t know about it, you’re supposed to show up with your pillow hidden somewhere, like a backpack, bag, or under your shirt, like these three.



Then when the whistle blows, you pull out your pillow and go at it with anyone else who has a pillow. This lasts for about 3-5 minutes until the next whistle blows, signaling the end of the fight.

This is the mob waiting for the whistle.


When the whistle blew, they all pulled out their pillows and started whacking.­ There may have been as many people taking pictures as there were people participating with pillows.



They weren’t suppose to bring feather pillows because of the mess and clean-up they made, but people don’t listen. And they do make for better pictures.




And it really did leave a mess in the street, but some of the fighters stayed behind to help with the cleanup, including a coworker of mine. I kind of felt bad for not helping, but Jason and I were heading out with Sarah and Wayne. Jason said I had journalistic immunity.

We said our goodbyes and Jason and I went off with my sister, b-in-l, and nephew to explore the Market. Then we went to the Westlake mall for dinner/lunch.

We had such a great time.



Here's some video of the fight. I like the guy singing Elton John's Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting.

0 comments: