Now that Caddy has the rabbit room to herself, we cleaned it up and made it like how we wanted it to be when we thought they'd be able to live together. Well, it's almost how we want it. There's a few things we're going to add, but for the most part, it's how we wanted it.
Here's a picture of what the room looked like before, with the two cages side by side. We got rid of the boxes because they took up so much room, but nothing else changed.
This is what it looks like now, and when we put her in it Sunday night.
Caddy ate the carpet in the corner of the room, so we're going to be paying for that when we leave, hopefully only through our deposit. I folded a towel and layed it in the hole, and we layed a new rug down on top of it and the rest of the carpet. The rug was our awesome, amazing find from Ikea. It's just the perfect size, as it fits the whole room, and it was only $15. Then we got those little rugs, also from Ikea, for only $3 each.
Caddy has been depressed since Bunny died, but she immediately perked up when we put her in there. It's not surprising that she's been depressed because she's been living in a smaller home, a sudden change, and the sudden departure of her friend. She's been eating her hay, drinking, cleaning, and taking care of herself, but she would normally eat a bowl of pellets in the first half of the day; and now she's taking three days to go through one bowl, which is only half a cup.
Anyway, when we put her back in the room, she immediately started hopping around and sniffing the stuff, and even did some binkys. If you don't know what a binky is, it's actually the term for this funny little jump, shake, dance a rabbit will do in the air when it's happy. Look up "rabbit binky" on YouTube. They're pretty great.
While Cabury is not quite comfortable with us (she seems convinced that we're only holding off eating her) she seems to know that we're not going to hurt her. She's also seemed a little lonely, so last night I sat down in her cage with her and read my book for a couple hours. I think she actually enjoyed the company. She was a little unsure for a while, but then she stretched out and layed down near by, so I think she was happy. I think I will try this again tonight. 
She's always been a little more standoff-ish than Bunny, so I think we'll try to remedy that. Get her more comfortable with us. I think the treats help. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment