Jason decided the other night that it would be pie night, and we made pie. Delicious pie.
This is how Barney's Beef and Stilton "Cornershop" pies looked before they became pies, a really fragrant stew. Oh, it smelled sooo good. 
Beef stew meat, carrots, onions, mushrooms, red wine, sage, oregano, thyme, and a bay leaf. It smelled like focaccia bread in the oven. Oh. So good.
Then we put it in the savory crust I had prepared and put them in the oven to bake. 
While those pies were baking, Jason and I put together some mini apple pies from an apple compote he had prepared.

It wasn't much longer before our dinner pies were done and we were able to eat. 
As a side we had mashed potatoes with a red wine gravy. Everything was so good and we look forward to making many more pies throught the cold months to follow.
I forgot to take a picture of the finished apple pies that we had for dessert, but I will take one when I have one of the extras that we didn't eat. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Why don't I live closer?!?!?!
Becasue, I'd be crashing your parties and eating your food. I guess it is better this way.
Post a Comment