But we had a fab time as ususal. It was a bit rainy, which isn't very surprising for spring in the Northwest, but we didn't let that stop us. My and Jason's Easter started Friday night when we joined the egg coloring fun that was taking place in the laundry room of our apartment building. I can't remember how many eggs there were, but it was over 8 dozen.
This was my bunny in the sun egg.
Jason made this weird face egg.
In the morning we joined the egg hunt. Our building managers hid them all around the building; in the side yard, on the cars, in the bushes, behind posted signs; and then there were prizes for the special eggs that were found. Jason found this egg with a slug on it. He said, "I didn't know slugs laid eggs so big."
Catharine found the grand prize egg and won this Easter basket filled with candles, kitchen towels, toys, and candy.
Jason found another egg.
It was a good time. Our managers do a really great job of taking care of the building and they do nice things like this. The Easter weekend continued with the Sounders game Saturday evening and then Jason and I spent the night at his mom's and grandparents' house. In the morning we had another egg hunt for two dozen plastics eggs that were hidden around the house and filled with quarters. We use this to replenish our laundry money. Then it was down to the Lake House where the boys had their first egg hunt!
Then it was back inside and time to play with the new baby and eat.
Sarah's coworker made cascarones from the eggs he had been saving since last Easter, and suddenly there was confetti everywhere.

For dessert, I made a Raspberry Lemon cake with Lemon Meringue Buttercream frosting. It turned out pretty good. For the boys, I made two little cupcake chicks out of coconut, almonds, Good & Plenty, and black licorice string so that they could have their own desserts.


It was a good Easter. :)
1 comments:
I love the egg finding video! Really funny.
Post a Comment