Poor Snotty Snoopy

I still haven't written about Snoopy, I'm still trying to catch up on my picture posts from the holidays. I swear, Christmas is coming! Not that I think anyone really cares, but I like to look at the pictures. :)


Snoopy has had x-rays and another culture, and both weren't a real big help. The x-rays show an infection in the right nasal passage, and some "thick tissue" near the left eye that the radiologist says doesn't look like a tumor. Although, he did suggest a CT scan to get a better look at it. More on that at another time.





















The culture grew lots of bacteria that told us squat. So, we've started another new medication. This one is bicillin, a mixture of two different cillins that are given through injection. Fun, to say the least.

At the vet appt the vet gave the first round of meds and Jason and I each got to "practice" on him by giving him injections of sterile water. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, but I still don't really like it. I can do it though, but Jason has been the one giving the injections while I keep the rabbit steady.


The injections are given every other day and we have enough supplies for a month. Each dose is .5 ml. We should see results in 2-3 weeks, and if we don't, the vet is going to recommend getting a CT scan done. Oi.

Again, I'm going to get more details down later, this is just a rush post so that I get started. Meanwhile, he's still blowing snotty chunks everywhere, poor guy.

0 comments: