

Molly, Jason, and I went to the Paramount Theatre where they were showing the morning Inauguration events happening in DC. Molly got there before us and saved us a spot in line with her at the corner of Pine and Boren. We got there at about 7 and already the line was around the corner and half way down Pike to 8th. 
The theatre filled up and it was great to get to watch the speeches on such a large screen with such a large group of people.


When President Elect Barack Obama came down to give his oath, everyone in the theatre cheered!


Next up is the Inauguration Parade! And my dad is marching in it with his drum and bugle corps buddies from Portland! I'm streaming ABC News right now so I can watch for him. I thought the parade was supposed to start at 2:30 (11:30 our time) but it just showed the stands and they were empty, so maybe it's not for a bit yet.
Keep your eyes open for a senior drum and bugle corps from Portland!
EDIT: Well, I watched the whole parade online on ABC News' website, and I think I saw the "Get A Life" marching band at the end, but then ABC News switched over to Bush speaking in TX and cut off a big section of the parade. I watched the rest off of CNN's website, but I didn't see any more senior bands. Hmf. That's disappointing.
I guess I'll just have to hope that Jason Tivo-ed it. And if he didn't, well, my mom did, and I'm going to search Flickr tomorrow for pictures.
1 comments:
You do the coolest things! I am so jelous.
Post a Comment