It's almost Halloween!

And what is Halloween without pumpkins?

At the beginning of the month, Jason and I had trouble locating our large inflatable pumpkin that we always put on the deck, but eventually found it hiding in plain sight. Isn't that where it always is? So that night we put up our pumpkin, made pumpkin bread, and went through our Halloween decorations.

Here's the view from the street.



During the time we were still searching for our pumpkin, we had already found Jason's mom's pumpkin, so we put that up at her house.


I love these pumpkins. They're so big and fun, and they always get a lot of attention. While we were putting up Jason's mom's pumpkin, people walked by and told us how much they enjoyed it. While we couldn't hear any thoughts from the people on the street or in the cars below our apartment, it's fun to see it as you drive by and wonder what others are thinking.

This past Friday wasn't a very busy one, so I busied myself by making paper pumpkins and then leaving them in peoples' offices.





When I finished making those, I made tiny pumpkins out of the scraps.


I've just been lining up the tiny ones on the front counter behind the sign-in sheet. Everybody seems to think they're pretty cute and they also seem to be disappearing, so hopefully people are sharing them with others. :)

Hopefully more Halloween fun to come! Ooh! We are carving pumpkins tonight, so I'll post those pictures tomorrow. Or later.

2 comments:

Kevin M. Foy said...

Wendt.

Chloe said...

What a great idea; the paper pumpkins! I wish I had thought of it!