An Update? Holy Cow!

I got an email from one of my adoring fans yesterday that said, "I had a dream you updated your blog. Ha ha!" This made me laugh. Even my good friend Del has updated his seemingly forgotten blog. I guess it's my turn.

I really have been meaning to update this, and the main reason I haven't is because I still have yet to go through all the pictures from the roadtrip and the wedding and upload them to flickr. I know, it's a lousy excuse.

So, because I still haven't uploaded the last 300 or so pictures, I'll give you this:

While I guess I often talk in my sleep and say odd things, Jason hallucinates. He sees giant spiders crawling on the wall or ceiling and wakes me up pawing at the wall, or, as he once did, standing fulling up right on the bed and swiping at the ceiling. And then he was getting upset with me because I was insisting he get down right now because you don't have the best of balance when you wake up from a dead sleep, and even worse when you're still asleep.

Anyway, he woke me up last night picking through my hair like a monkey looking for bugs. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "trying to find the collar." I assumed he was talking about my necklace and thought that it was tangled, but I was tired and didn't need him picking at my head right then. After convincing him that there was no reason for a collar to be in my hair, he stopped, and rolled over and went back to sleep. I wished it was as easy for me to go back to sleep, but eventually I did.

When I asked him about it this morning, he said he did remember it and was actually looking for a collar, like a dog collar, that was lost in my hair. I asked him if he had thought I was a dog, but he said no, I just had a collar.

Whenever he has these "dreams," he's always seems to be worried. Whether or not it's bugs on the walls, spilled cups of water on the floor, or lost collars in my hair. They're kind of funny when they're not physically affecting me or I worried Jason's going to fall off the bed.

2 comments:

Dear Baby said...

Ha ha ha, whew! That was worth the wait!

Kevin M. Foy said...

Glad you're back. That must have been the longest road trip ever.

You need to gag and restrain Jason. (No idea what to do while he sleeps, though. Sorry.)