Thanks, and thanks again.

I started the evening after work last night shoe shopping with Angelica, looking for that perfect pair of shoes for the wedding, but they were not yet to be found. So we headed back to her place where the boys were watching the All Star game on the new big screen, had some food, and hung out until it was time to go home. This is where the thanks begin.

Jason and I Ieft, got in the car and began to pull out into the street, when the car just stopped. Kapoot. For the first time, I had let the car run fully out of gas and it was bone dry. Do to many different reasons, I hadn't stopped for gas but it was just where we were headed. Too late now.

Embarrased and feeling a little humiliated, I steered while Jason pushed the car back onto the side of the road (luckily no one had been heading down this residential street), and then we called Kevin and asked if he would drive us to the gas station, which is where we were headed and is only blocks away!, since we were still outside his house.

So Kevin very kindly drove us to the gas station and we bought a 1 gallon gas "can," and then drove back to the car. It was a lot more complicated than Jason and I thought it would or should be, but something like 15 minutes later the car had enough gas in it to make it to the gas station.

My thanks to my knights. Jason for pushing the car back onto the side of the road, even when I mistakenly had it in reverse and not neutral, and for being my support and filling both the can and "patiently" the car with the can. And to Kevin for driving us around and waiting to make sure we were okay, and cheering me up with your Michael Jackson impressions.

You guys are great and I couldn't ask for better friends.

1 comments:

Dear Baby said...

Oh don't be so hard on your self! Everyone has run out of gas. I've done it more than once. Once I had to get a ride to the gas staion and the other time was on one of my 1st dates with Wayne when he tapped on the guage and said "does this thing work?" Fortunatly that time it died while coasting into the gas station and the pump was barely able to stretch.