ParkviewRoosevelt Park Apartments

Recently our apartment building was taken over by a new management company because the old management company, Coast Management, could no longer afford to keep up the building. So, Ballard Property Maintenance has started on their new job and has taken the first steps to getting the building repainted. Which is really good, because it looks kind of crappy on the outside, and it would be nice to live in a nice looking building.

Unfortunately, when they started powerwashing the decks, this is what happened:


They blew holes into the decks, revealing in what bad shape the building really is. It makes me wonder what will happen when they start on the rest of building. Maybe they'll blow a hole into one of the apartments.

So, they've started rebuilding the decks.




They look nice, but I'm a little confused. It's harder to tell in the picture, but the walls of the deck slope up to meet the building. I just don't understand why you would do that. Jason says, maybe it's to keep water from sitting on the railings. I just don't think that makes sense. I don't get it. Of course, I haven't asked any of my carpenter co-workers, because I haven't thought about it, who would probably know the answer and now they're all gone, so I still can't ask. Whatever.

I'm also a little "worried" about the new decks because of our custom built planters. Jason and I built six wooden planters for our deck because the walls are 4" thick, which is apparently abnormal for decks because no one sells railing planters that wide.


And now they probably won't fit the new decks. Not that it's really a big deal. For one, the decks aren't finished, ours hasn't been touched yet, so I don't know what size the railings will be. For two, even if the railings end up being thinner, it won't be hard to put spacers in there to thin up the space. So, we'll see.

I'm looking forward to a nicer looking building!

Although, in sad news, they've given our cool managers, Greg and Suzon, notice that they need to leave. According to BPM, 25 units don't need onsite managers. It's really kinda sad. They're really nice people and they took good care of and arranged fun get-togethers with all the tenants with pumpkin carving parties and Easter egg parties. And they took a lot of time to make the landscape look nice and try to make the building look nice. I hope that they find a nice building to take care of. We'll miss them.

1 comments:

Kevin M. Foy said...

I hope that all of these shenanigans work out, and that the building doesn't collapse. Excellent piece of photojournalism, keep it up.