Happy Birthday, Sarah!

For Sarah's 30th birthday, we all gathered at 88 Keys for some comedy (could have been better) and some rockin' dueling piano music. We had an awesome time.




I don't remember what Sarah and I were singing, but we were rockin'!





And one of the best things that happened that night was getting Walter on stage to participate in what was supposed to be an 80's cartoons quiz, but turned out to be a Pee Wee Herman dance competition. Walter definitely did the best job. He was the only one that actually knew the dance!



Don't worry, Walter, the only place you can view that video is here. :)

Probably the best thing that happened, or at least the coolest, what that Catharine got on stage and got to play the drums for a few of the songs. That was pretty cool. And they thought she did an awesome job which just made it cooler.






When they told everyone to raise their glasses, Jason and Walter did what they could.


The next day, on Sarah's actual birthday, I brought her a birthday cake. And it was rad. A little psychedelic.



By dividing the cake batter into six bowls and dying each one a different color, and then dropping them each into the pan one at a time, I created a rainbow cake!

Then I gave it a nice pink frosting and polka dots.







It was exciting waiting for her to cut the cake and pull out that first slice, because even I wasn't sure what it would turn out like.

It was bright!



Happy Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Dear Baby said...

Thank you! It was wonderful.
I think we were singing Queen, "thunderbolts & lightning, very very frightening.."

Becky Jensen said...

that is a really cool cake, i think i will have to try that one out!