Rabbit Update

Tomorrow will mark three weeks that Snoopy has been on the bicillin. While it hasn't been a miracle drug that has totally relieved his symptons, I'm no longer afraid of him tearing up the inside of his sinuses. He'd sneeze so hard it would sound like he was coughing, and then these squeaks would join in everytime he sneezed. But now, although he's still sneezing and there's still snot, they're normal sneezes again. He's much less congested sounding than he was before. He may be sneezing less, but I'm not sure. The fits seem to be just as long, but there may be less of them.


As for Cadbury, she had her latest monthly check up (at the last one, the vet was very excited and happy to see that her ear was perfectly normal. No signs of the gunk or swelling) on Tuesday, and she's been put on the bicillin as well.

While checking her ear, she said that she noticed there was a little bit more gunk, which she cleaned out with q-tips and this crazy slim metal rod with a wire loop at the end, and also what look like tiny little abscesses at the opening of her ear canal. Damn. This may also be our fault, because she's supposed to be on the Gentamicin ear drops twice a day, but we've been very forgetful of those lately, and she's got them maybe 10 times since the last check up. :(


They kind of look like pimples, and I think there's three of them that we can see, but bicillin is supposed to be a miracle drug for abscesses found in rabbits. I've read about some crazy solutions that people do for their rabbits, like pack radiation beads into holes where abscesses were removed, and bicillin is definitely the easy and safe way to go. It's easy on the rabbits, there's rarely side affects, and it always takes care of the problem.

So I totally have faith in Cadbury's recovery with the bicillin (which they'll both be on for the next few months), I just hope that it works for Snoopy.

0 comments: