I gave the rats a bath!

Earlier this evening the boyos got in a scuffle and about 10 or fifteen minutes later a couple of my friends noticed that one looked bloody. Jason decided that it would be a good idea to seperate them (even though it was now after the fact) and when I checked on the poor lonely boy about 5 minutes later, I noticed how dirty he looked. I decided he needed a bath.

I cleaned the sink out, put in a little (very small amount of) Dawn, and some warm water. They both actually handled it better than previous rats I've given baths.

Then he got a nice rub down with a towel. After I'd put him back in their cage and given his brother a bath, and put him back, they both sat on their shelf and groomed away that awful bath. Jason took this video, but the camera was still set on time lapse, so it didn't come out as well as hoped.



And then, because I was in the mood for bathing, Snoopy got a hot wash cloth to the face because the fur all around his nose was brown from all the snot. The new medication he's on, a Chloramphenicol Palm(itate?) suspension, apple flavored, isn't helping his problem. Tonight, his breathing through his nose sounded bubbly. The next vet appointment is this Saturday. Hopefully we'll get this thing figured out soon.


Let's let sleeping rabbits lie.

2 comments:

BipolarBunny said...

Your critters are so cute.

joansy said...

Thanks! It's always nice when someone else thinks so, too! :)