I just made 5 bucks!

Actually, only $1.01, but I'll still count it as five.

A coworker of mine is heading east this weekend to see family, and I made shirts for all of them. I forgot to take pictures (too rushed) but he said he was planning on trying to get a group shot. Together we designed a simple logo for the front of the shirt and I put titles on the backs for everyone in the group.

The logo is simple. Imagine a much rounded out W (this is the butt) with four lines that spread horizontally behind the W and about 1 inch on either side. The lines are not shown within the W where on one cheek it says Deck and on the other it says Butt. The lines are the deck. The group? The Deck Butts. Apparently it's something his sister came up with sometime ago because they spend a lot of time sitting on their butts on the deck drinking beer. :)

So for titles we have, "President & Founder", "Mother of the President", "Sister of the President", "Brother of the President", "Son of the Mother of the President", and "Brother of the Son of the Mother of the President". Yes, it took a long time to cut out all of those letters. His sister who came up with the Deck Butts is the President & Founder. All of the letters are in caps, but it looks nicer on the screen this way.

Anyway, I charged him the cost of the paint and t-shirts, and five dollars for labor, because he told me to put in something for myself. But, somehow paint got smeared on one of the t-shirts, so I gave him that one for free, leaving me $1.01 extra. :)

To make the shirts, you cut a stencil out on freezer paper, iron it down, and paint it. Pretty simple, and, for me, a lot of fun. So far I've made one shirt for myself,


a shirt for Jason's grandpa's 92nd birthday,


a shirt for Jason,


and the six shirts for my coworker. I've also got two more designs for shirts for Jason, one of which will be a surprise, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Jason and I tried to make t-shirts last night with bleach (same idea as above, only with bleach instead of paint) but it didn't work so well. So, we will continue experimenting.

When I get the pictures of everyone in their shirts from my coworker, I will update. :)

1 comments:

Dear Baby said...

You did such a great job!